Contax Law are looking for a German qualified lawyer to work within the Legal Department of a leading automotive supplier, with sales to all major car manufacturers in the world based near Munich in Germany.
There will be opportunity to work remotely, but 1-2 days per week in the office would be preferable.
The successful candidate will have a generalist commercial law background having trained with a leading law firm before moving to an in-house legal department.
Lawyer profile required:
· Candidates should have excellent commercial and IT contract experience gained either from a leading firm and/or in-house environment.
· Experience working in house with a supply chain business would be useful as well as exposure to GDPR, Development Agreements and Intellectual Property.
· Extremely commercial in their thinking and approach.
· Preference for a native / fluent German speaker, with other European languages useful, e.g. English and French
· Common law with a civil law background useful
· Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills (team players)
· Pro-active and have the ability to anticipate the needs of the team and the needs of the business
· Self-motivated and able to motivate and aid in the development of more junior lawyers in the team ( should that need arise)
· Good ability to understand and appreciate the dynamics of the Legal Department and the business
Ideally, you will be fluent in both German and English (or another European language) and have a strong understanding of German law and German principles of law and concepts.